Step 1: Pick a theme/question (checkbox)
- Invisibility—What keeps some people and experiences from being seen?
- Carelessness—Why do some people get to be careless while others do not?
- Normal—How does the media reflect and enforce narrow cultural norms?
- Sacrifice—How does identity (race, gender, sexuality) shape the ways individuals share work in hard times?
- Victims/Heroes—Who benefits from a culture of fear?
- Resistance—What does resistance in a dominating culture look like?
- Doubt—Who do you believe?
- Forgiveness—What makes healing possible for individuals and communities?
Step 2: Pick a Cooperative Lesson Format (checkbox)
- Jigsaw-Style (best for 4 primary sources)
- They say, I say (best for scholarly debates)
- DBQ-style Essay Prompt
- Four Corners
Step 3: Upload your materials
- Here, participants would upload or copy/paste their materials (text, image, video, or audio) with a separate field for citations (Author, Title, Website) and a text description
Step 4: Tell us about your lesson: Why does it belong in K-12 schools? Why is it radical? What makes it important? (a blank field for up to 500 words)
Step 5: Give your lesson a title (blank field for up to 150 characters)
Step 6: Pick an image that captures the spirit of your lesson (upload 1 high-quality image)
Step 7: Tell us about yourself
- What is your name?
- Where are you from?
- Are there any institutions or schools you are associated with? (optional)
- What would you like teachers and students who use your radical resource to know about you?
Step 8: Submit for approval (document would automatically send the pdf to a teachaboutpower (at) gmail.com)
Sample Jigsaw-style PDF (This is what we want the program to make automatically!)
- Make a webpage (if possible, adaptable for wordpress and WIX) that will automatically create a PDF of the information people fill out with Teach About Women Branding and formatting when they follow the 8 steps below.
- Here is an example of what we would like the product to look like
- Style Guide: Avenir 16 (black), Ariel 12 (grey)
- colors: purple – 69369e, gold – c7b18d, grey – 434343